For baritone, trombone and tuba (1993-1997)
The first five items in the song cycle are settings of poems by the German Romantic poet, Friedrich Hölderlin (1770-1843).
The 6th movement is a commentary on Hölderlin’s last years, on the still relevant messages of his poetry - through the words of the 20th-century poet Paul Celan (1920-1970).
The basis for this publication was the fair copy of Kurtág’s Hölderlin songs, dating from the end of the ’90s, which is held in the Paul Sacher Stiftung, Basel.
1. An ” (Hommage a D. E. Sattler)
2. Im Walde (für Georg Kröll)
3. Gestalt und Geist (Hommage a Alexander Polzin) for baritone, trombone and tuba
4. An Zimmern (für Reinhart Meyer-Kalkus)
5. Der Spaziergang (für Heinz Holliger)
6. Paul Celan: Tübingen, Jänner (Robert Klein in Erinnerung)
Setting: Chamber Music with Voice
Length: 36 pages
Published: April 2013